The one that is getting me tonight is the idea that we can simultaneously take pressure off inflation and help those in the so called ‘slow lane’. If the slow lane goes faster, rates are going to have to go higher. The fast lane will still be fast — and there is nothing policy can do to extinguish this relative price signal. All it can do is try and facilitate the structural adjustment.
- Das Lowe-flation ricardianambivalence.com/2017/11/22/das… https://t.co/9UTnATHuio 3 days ago
- No means no! (RBA edition) ricardianambivalence.com/2017/11/10/no-… https://t.co/rHmb7HntHT 2 weeks ago
- RBA is wrong on inflation (again) ricardianambivalence.com/2017/10/29/rba… https://t.co/0KliTyQ41t 3 weeks ago
- Are cuts back on the table? ricardianambivalence.com/2017/10/07/are… 1 month ago
- RBA goes the full pom-pom ricardianambivalence.com/2017/06/07/rba… https://t.co/6N0pmVbuVk 5 months ago